Monday, June 23, 2008

A List of Songs to Make Me Happy

An indeterminate amount of time ago, I was talking with my friend online and we came up with an idea that intrigued me to no end. Both of us being fans of boring, mellow indie music, we decided there were certain songs that just made us feel happy and smile (yes Jen, I'm talking about you). Even though the idea passed and our conversation veered into other areas, I began thinking about this "Smile" mix and what would go on it.

So far, I've compiled a list of nearly 30 songs that could make the grade. With a some thought and cutting, I should have a mix worthy of my ludicrously high standards. Here is the list of songs that I have compiled so far (note--there are multiple songs for some artists, but the final will have a one song per band limit):

  • The Ramones "Do You Wanna Dance"
  • Death Cab For Cutie "Sound of Settling" OR "I Was a Kaleidoscope"
  • Beat Happening "Noise"
  • Heavenly "Cool Guitar Boy" OR "C Is the Heavenly Option"
  • The Cure "In Between Days" OR "Love Cats" OR "Just Like Heaven"
  • The Beach Boys "Wouldn't It Be Nice"
  • The Shins "Australia"
  • The Beatles "I've Just Seen A Face" OR "Oh! Darling"
  • The Monkees "I'm A Believer" OR "Daydream Believer"
  • The Postal Service "Such Great Heights"
  • Dntel "(This is) The Dream of Evan & Chan"
  • Muse "Starlight" OR "Invincible"
  • Simon & Garfunkel "The Only Living Boy in New York" OR "59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)"
  • New Order "Age of Consent" OR "Weirdo"
  • The Vaselines "Son of a Gun"
  • Belle & Sebastian "Another Sunny Day" OR "Mayfly"
  • Oasis "Don't Look Back In Anger" OR "Champagne Supernova"
  • The Polyphonic Spree "Running Away"

No comments: