Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

Yesterday's interview went very well, at least from what I could glean from the demeanor and reactions of the guy in charge of giving the thing. As the position is sales related and most of the work will consist of doing business over the phone, my experience in college with the fabled "Widener Fund" should prove to be a big factor in the whether or not I land this job. Stay tuned.

Another beacon on the career front comes in the way of nepotism. A relative of mine happens to be an editor with a magazine put out by Merion Publishing, the very same company I applied to not one week ago. Isn't it funny how these things just work out? Needless to say, this fine lassie is assisting me in getting in the good graces of the HR department and the head of the magazine that has the opening. While this is far from having a foot in the door, I have my fingers crossed nonetheless.

These past weeks spent looking for employment have left me feeling helpless and lost in this swirling world. It's like I'm a bit of drift wood caught in a tidal pull of paperwork and rejection. I long to break into my dream job, but if things keep progressing the way they have I'll have to settle for something much less rewarding. If only to stop living at home.

No comments: